Friday, June 1, 2007

A Wedding Dilemma

The other day I was on the White House Black Market website, looking around for a nice "dressy" dress, checking out some of their shoe selection (not so good on the shoes).

When I ran into this stunner:

If you know me, then you know I love dressy, strapless dresses. They are so gorgeous. They look so timeless and classy to me. And a dress with a sash around the waist or high waist is like a little bit of heaven. A-line dresses do it for me too...and a sweetheart neckline is something I've wanted to try for a long time!
Needless to say, I fell in love!
As I kept reading and searching for optional colors for the dress I found out that this is actually a wedding dress. And it actually comes with two other color sashes included! Look below:

I would LOVE to buy this dress. And wear it...like tomorrow. But it's so beautiful that no place I could ever go would do it justice.
Then I got to thinking that maybe THIS could be my wedding dress...
then I thought that it might be too simple for my wedding....
then I thought it could be possible that I might want my bridesmaids to wear this at my wedding....
an amazing thought...
but...
I want to wear it, if my bridesmaids wear it, I don't get to.
My wedding dilemma...
What would you do?

7 comments:

German E. Contreras said...

Well my advice is wear thebig dress for the church and the other dress for teh reception BTW you don't have to be like the rest of the gilrs with a big dress like thta song say,"It's my party and I will cry ifI want to." In your case though its "Is my weeding and I will wear what I want to."

Jessica Torres said...

Thank you German...what a great idea!

It IS (going to be) my party and I WILL wear what I want to.

And thank you Cyndi Lauper for singing a song about parties and crying.

Anonymous said...

OPTION ONE.....I HAVE IT BE MY BRIDESMAID WEDDING DRESS AND THEN U GET TO WEAR IT ONE DAY!

OPTION 2.....HAVE A MORE TRADITIONAL WEDDING DRESS FOR UR CEREMONY AND HALF UR RECEPTION AND THEN CHANGE INTO THAT FOR THE LATER PART OF UR RECEPTION AND UR DEPARTURE 2 UR LOVELY HONEYMOON.

OPTION 3..WE ALL GO SOMEWHERE SEVERLY FNCY WITH BEAUTIFUL DRESSES.

HVER FEAR...HOPE 4 THAT DRESS IS HERE! :)

JANETTE

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! :) I POSTED MY COMMENT BF READING GERMANS :) ...GREAT MINDS DO THINK ALIKE!!

JANETTE

Anonymous said...

OPTION 4...YOU CAN WEAR THAT TO MY WEDDING AFTER YOU'VE DONE OPTION 1-3.

Jan,

I love you but, please stop using "anonymous". I reserved the rights to be anonymous on Jessica's comments.

lol! j/k!

Bibi said...

Well Jessica my wedding is in 3 weeks which should be enough time for you to get the dress and wear it...
YOU WISH
But for reals I like Janette's first option that way I can wear it too!
You think it's made in my size?!?!?

Jessica Torres said...

I'm pretty sure they do!