Friday, June 1, 2007

Livid at Foster's Freeze

Last night after our preaching team meeting Edgar, Janette and I headed over to Foster's Freeze in Bell Gardens. Janette's leaving to Mexico tonight so we wanted to have a little hang out time before she left.
She had a medium cone while I had the chocolate-dipped, peanut sprinkled waffle cone. Very yummy!

Below are some of the pictures Edgar took.

While we were there, the conversation soon turned to ministry. Mostly ministry misfortunes and flaws. Not so much the programs but dealing with conflict and difficult situations.

At one point, Edgar brought up a difficult discussion that I had a couple of weeks ago regarding a problematic volunteer.

As I remembered the conversation and began to tell Janette about it, all I could say to describe how I felt at that moment (of the discussion) was, "I was livid!". Just like that. Livid.

I rarely use the word livid. It's one of those words that is reserved only for very, most, utterly important occasions. You know, when the feeling is just so powerful that you must draw a special un-used word from you memory bank. This occasion felt perfect!

It felt so good to use the word--and Janette enjoyed hearing it so much--, we even re-enacted the conversation just so I could say it again. Janette and I could not stop laughing. Edgar giggled too, but I think he giggled mostly at the fact we would re-enact a conversation just to repeat a word.

These are the moments that I think make friendships special. Times when in the middle of serious discussions you can all appreciate grammar, language, words that are often not used...like livid.



liv·id

–adjective
1. having a discolored, bluish appearance caused by a bruise, congestion of blood vessels, strangulation.
2. dull blue; dark, grayish-blue.
3. enraged; furiously angry.
4. feeling or appearing strangulated because of strong emotion.
5. reddish or flushed.
6. deathly pale; pallid; ashen.

3 comments:

German E. Contreras said...

I wish I had an ice cream :(
and whta the heck i didn't know janette was leaving already hopefully she has a safe trip and friends are great.

Anonymous said...

LOL!! I LOVE U SO EXTREMELY MUCH!!!:)I LOVE ICE CREAM...AND I KNOW LOVE THE WORD LIVID!!!! I'LL MISS U DEEPLY!!! THANKS 4 BEING SUCH A WONDERFUL FRIEND!!(I SOUND LIKE I'M DYING):) HAVE A SUPER AMAZING WEEK!!!!!

JANETTE

Bibi said...

I hope I never have to use that word!!