Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A Fight

Today at lunch I made the following comment:

"If being an adult and being a teenager had a fight, being an adult would kick being a teenager's butt".

And I meant it.

When I was a teenager I'd tell my parents that I wanted to grow up already, they'd always say that once I became an actual adult, I'd wish I was young again.

I don't.

I love that I can got out to lunch in the middle of the day, take a day off (just because), come and go as I please, stay out 'till one in the morning if I want, not do homework, like what I do all day at work, make my own decisions (consequences and all), eat whatever the heck I want, the list really does go on.

I don't miss being stuck in school all day, having a terrible curfew, having to eat what my mom made for dinner (even if it grossed me out), not being able to have a choice about what classes to take in school or having a "fixed" schedule.

I love being an adult...

that's why it really kicks butt.

No comments: