Thursday, November 15, 2007

Life goal #1

To be a great cook.

I already know how to make some of my mom's most complicated dishes: chiles rellenos (stuffed peppers) , camarones empanizados (breaded shrimp), grilled chicken breast, all forms of rice, all types of salads, pasta dishes, a mean bacon wrapped hot dog (I guess that doesn't count as an actual dish) and I make delicious scrabbled eggs (ask Teddy Bear).

I'm really good at making a well balanced meal too.
I put the protein, veggies, starch, etc.

I'm also really good at presentation.
I firmly believe that you first eat with your eyes...so I try to make all of my dishes look appealing.

But on top of that, I'd like to be able to cook ALL of my mom's BEST dishes by the time I'm 25 (which gives me about 10 months to learn).

I love watching the Food Network in my spare time, picking and choosing tips from Rachel, Giada, Michael, Emeril, Paula.

I'd like to one day cook well, frequently, in large quantities, with my kids, with my husband, in my kitchen, at the barbecue grill...that would be nice.

1 comment: