Thursday, November 8, 2007

It can't get worse than this

When my mom had her surgery my sister got this Mickey Mouse claw-type thing for her. So she could grab stuff without hurting her wound.

We've all seen some kind of variation of it. They started selling these things on infomercials a couple of years ago, totally geared for the old folks. A long stick with two curved/cupped edges. When you squeeze the handle the two "claws" come together and grab whatever is out of reach.

Although I love all things Disney (the claw was no exception, it's two Mickey gloved hands as the claw) I made fun of my mom for having one...and said that those things were only reserved for old people (nothing against old people, I love them).

Last night, was a different story...

I went miniature golfing with a friend.

Every time I had to pick up my ball I kept thinking, "I wish I had the Mickey claw with me so I wouldn't have to bend down so much".

Wow, how embarrassing is that?

1 comment:

Bibi said...

I'm sure he didn't mind all that bending down.