Thursday, November 29, 2007

Honesty

I mentioned that I'm currently reading "Boundaries in Dating".

Last night I read a bit more and found what I read so beneficial, that I thought I'd share snippets with you. Here's the first jewel of wisdom...

be HONEST.

The book went over a slew of things to be honest about; descriptions, details, all kinds of lies, all sorts of liars, etc. But what I want to say is...

be honest about who you are.

Be you, not who you think the other person wants you to be. There's a fine line between being kind and considerate, sensitive and even aware of the other person...but those feelings and that kindness toward the other person should never come at the expense of losing who you are (at the core).

Let that person fall for the real you, even if you're weird, let them love the weird (or not love it). I know there's risk involved. If you are YOU and they reject you then they really didn't like YOU. That's okay, because someone else will come along who will like YOU.

Be you, don't lie about anything, even if you think you're sparing the person of pain or something...the deceit alone will be enough to end the relationship.

Be honest.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!! STILL WAAITING FOR SOMEONE TO LOVE ME AND MY WIRDNESS...SOMEDAY MY WEIDNESS LOVER WILL COME..LOL :)

Jessica Torres said...

lol!

Bibi said...

Very true...

Anonymous said...

Haven't found anyone who's weirdness that I would like to accept...nor have I found anyone who would like to accept mine...yes...i m weird like that...so be it....